As a fast-growing law firm, we welcome inquiries from candidates who have strong qualifications and can provide high level of quality work product for our clients. To apply for a position, please email your resume, writing sample, unofficial transcript and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Due to a large number of applications we received, we cannot respond to every application and will contact only candidates we intend to interview. No recruiters or phone inquiries please.
Accounting Clerk/Legal Assistant (posted 8/28/2019)
Full-time Accounting Clerk/Legal Assistant position with a boutique law firm that practices immigration law, business law and intellectual property law. The main job duty involves:
- maintaining accounting records by using accounting softwares (such as Quick Books and TurboTax);
- filing monthly, quarterly and yearly tax documents;
- reconciling bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger;
- maintaining accounting databases by entering data into the computer;
- processing backups & collecting payments by communicating with clients;
Part of the work also involves case management and supporting to attorneys.
The position also involves some legal assistant duties such as preparing immigration forms, communicating with clients, responding to requests for evidence by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Part of the work also involves managing case portfolios.
Preferred qualifications: B.S. or M.S. in accounting major graduates with the interest in developing a career in legal industry.
Technical Editor (posted 08/08/2019)
Our firm is seeking a Technical Editor who can write, review, and edit petitions for complex immigration cases. The main duties will involve reviewing text written on a technical topic and identifying errors adherence to a specific style guide. Technical editing may also include substantive editing, including suggesting revisions to enhance clarity and overall quality of petitions for immigration cases. The position will work under the direct supervision of an Attorney. This is an ideal role for someone with excellent writing, research, and analytical skills.
- Apply excellent proofreading and editing skills to case-writing content and other materials
- Research, analyze and write complex immigration cases
- Translate complex terminology into accessible, compelling, and relevant content for “outstanding researcher” and other petitions to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Create case strategy and work closely with Attorneys on writing projects
- Examines documents to verify completeness and accuracy of data and makes changes as needed
- Work closely with members of the legal team to ensure the accuracy of all information.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- B.A. degree required, preferably in a discipline with a strong focus on writing and research
- Major in English, Journalism, Law or Natural sciences preferred.
- Experience as a Legal, Case or Technical Writer is a plus
- Possess excellent writing and analytical skills as well as superior research skills related to immigration law and public policy issues
- Meet assigned deadlines and communicates case progress/status/issues to supervisor
- Demonstrate flexibility and initiative regarding assignments for self and team
- Must also attend to details, be task-oriented and able to work with others, and with a tolerance for ambiguity.